These adorable bundles of yumminess are elegant enough for company but simple enough for any weeknight dinner menu. Crispy broccolini spears are wrapped in thinly sliced sweet ham (I used capicola ham, but prosciutto or even pancetta would work well), seasoned with a touch of salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, and then roasted on a bed of sliced lemons. Thin French green beans or even asparagus would be another veggie idea to try cooking this way.
(To view this recipe, click on the blue title of the blog post above*)
Lemony Broccolini & Capicola Bundles
- 1 bunch of broccolini, washed and dried–end trimmed
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 6 slices of capicola ham, thinly sliced
- Cotton kitchen twine
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the lemon slices on a small baking sheet. Wrap three slices of ham around the stems of 3 broccolini spears–do the same with the other 3 spears. Tie the ham to to broccolini with cotton kitchen twine. Drizzle the broccolini with a teaspoon of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 12-13 minutes, or until the broccolini is lightly browned and slightly tender. Remove the twine and serve warm.