This simple side dish recipe works well not only with asparagus spears, but with thin, French green beans and even broccolini spears. Simply wrap a bundle of vegetables with a thin slice of prosciutto or capicola ham. Drizzle with olive oil, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and place on lemon slices on a baking sheet. Roast in a hot oven until the ham is crispy and the vegetables are still a bit crunchy, but just cooked through. Such and elegant and easy appetizer idea, or even side dish to accompany just about any entree you have in mind.
(To view this recipe, click on the blue title of the blog post above*)
Lemony Prosciutto-Asparagus Bundles
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, woody ends trimmed
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange the lemon slices on the baking sheet.
- Take 6-7 asparagus spears in hand and wrap with 1 slice of prosciutto. Place on the lemon slices on the baking sheet. Continue doing this until all of the asparagus has been used.
- Drizzle the asparagus bundles with olive oil; sprinkle each with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the ham is crispy and the asparagus just cooked through, but still retaining a bit of a crunch.