Think of this as a modern (and much healthier!) take on a traditional potato salad. No mayo in sight, just a tangy homemade lemon and fresh basil vinaigrette to dress the salad’s components. What are the salad’s components you ask? Roasted potatoes, green beans, fresh radishes and sliced, fresh fennel. I like the combo here of the warm, cooked veggies mixed with the raw, crunchy vegetables; the combination adds texture and originality to your dinner plate.
(To view this recipe, click on the blue title of the blog post above*)
Potato, Radish & Green Bean Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
- 4 red or smaller Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 8 oz. green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup radishes, quartered
- 1 head of fennel, stems and fronds removed, bulb halved and thinly sliced
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- For the vinaigrette:
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup quality olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped, fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray parchment-lined baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange the cut potatoes and green beans on the baking sheet; drizzle with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are knife-tender.
- Toss the roasted veggies with the quartered radishes and the sliced fennel.
- Combine the vinaigrette ingredients into a Ball jar; tighten the lid and shake until emulsified. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad; serve with a light dusting of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tagged: fennel, fresh basil, fresh fennel, green beans, lemon vinaigrette, lemon zest, lemon-basil vinaigrette, Parmesan cheese, potato salad, potatoes, radishes, roasted potatoes, roasted potatoes and green beans, side dish, vegetarian